Monday, December 8, 2014

Original of the Species


I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I'm a convert.  As with many Protestants, I was very uncomfortable with the idea of all the attention shown Mary. Why issue two ex cathedra statements regarding her?

It was a slow change to Catholicism for me. So slow that I once thought that my conversion was pretty quick. It wasn't until years later that I realized how far back the seeds were planted, and how slowly they grew. When I converted, I didn't know anyone who was Catholic. Even after conversion I was a bit uncomfortable with the Marian dogmas. It's taken time, but I have found a relationship with the Holy Mother.

Through Christ's grace, she was preserved from Original Sin. Here was something new under the sun. Here was an original of the species.

No comments:

Post a Comment