Friday, September 26, 2014

7 Quick Takes

1. And We're Off!

Of course, what kind of blog would this be if I didn't link to Jen Fulwiler's blog over at Conversion Diary. Ideas for the blog are still evolving, but I expect to have a variety of things posted.

2. Is There Love (Life) in Space?

It looks like they've found an exoplanet with water vapor in the atmosphere similar to Earth.
Water vapor has been spotted in the atmosphere of an exoplanet, roughly the size of Neptune. The alien world lies 124 light years from the Earth, and is the smallest planet ever observed with the vapor in its gaseous outer layer.
More here.

3. A Prisoner of War Speaks

The longest held American POW, from the Korean War. He was held for 20 years. I can't comprehend what he went through. The story of John T. Downey is here.

4. Moving on from the News... to Fall!

I love fall. I  don't get a whole lot of color change here in eastern Oklahoma. Usually the leaves go from green to dead and brown in a matter of days. Since a weekend trip up to New England isn't feasible at the moment, the next best thing is a live foliage map!

5. Pumpkin! Pumpkin! Pumpkin!

 

Similar to Lorelai Gilmore's "Coffee!Coffee!Coffee!" One of my favorite recipes was for white chocolate pumpkin scones, but alas! I have lost the recipe. Here's a close approximation of the recipe, via Creations by Kara. I can't wait to make these.

White Chocolate Pumpkin Scones

2 cups flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
Milk
Cinnamon sugar mixture

Click the link to get the instructions.

6. Chick Flicks and the Perfect Food Pairing

Brilliant! I will have to try some of these. Via Cupcakes and Cashmere

7. Lots of Links

Okay, so Seven Quick Takes turned into Seven Links instead. I promise to have more up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment