Saturday, November 1, 2014

7QT!

1. Yes, Saturday

Okay, I know it's Saturday, not Friday... Friday just didn't turn out as expected, so was short on blog time. Which brings me to...

2. Vampires

I had a doctor appointment at on Thursday, so I went down to the lab to get the routine blood work. When lo! The fire alarm started ringing, which meant I had to come back on Friday to get it done instead. Thankfully the phlebotomist wasn't dressed as a vampire. While very appropriate, I don't think I could have gone through with it if she had been dressed as a vampire.

3. Parking Garages

While parking in the parking garage to get to the lab appointment, I was thinking of my sister's misadventures in cooking. She recently thought that a rice cooker and a crock pot were the same thing. (In case you don't know, they are NOT.) She's smart, but certain common sense parts of life are things that she has had to learn, they don't come naturally to her. I chuckled to myself, parked the car, and took care of the blood work.

I came back out to the same level I had left, and I couldn't find the car. I kept my cool and decided to nonchalantly walk down the ramp, certain my car would be there. I couldn't find it, so I walked down the other ramp with a rising sense of panic. This parking garage is huge! Fast forward 20 minutes. I go inside, up the elevator to the ramp above, and start walking down again, wondering how I can call a security guard to help me find the car. I get to the end of the ramp, no car. I turn around to go call for help, and THERE IS MY CAR!

As I got in, I noticed that the parking garage spaces are numbered. Duh. Remember, pride goeth before a fall... and sometimes that fall is wandering around cold parking garages.

4. Girls Night!

This Halloween I had girl's night. It didn't start out that way, but when the one other guy that was coming got free tickets to a hockey game, boyfriend decided that 3 women and a chick flick was not his scene. Smart man. We had a great time, complete with white chicken chili I made, and apple cider.

5. Roast Chicken

I've realized that I have spent too much money on food, so I've decided to roast a chicken once a week and make separate meals out of it. So far I've gotten 5 meals from the chicken, and have at least 4 more. Since I'm cooking for 1 person normally, I will probably do this every 2 weeks instead of every week. If I made my own lunch I would finish the chicken in one week, but I go out to eat with boyfriend during the week.

6. Happy Hallowe'en!

I didn't dress up this year, but hope that everyone had fun! I did get lots of candy, which certainly isn't helping the diet.

7. Happy All Saint's Day!

In honor of All Saint's Day, here's the Patron Saint Generator from Jennifer Fulwiler. Edit: Here's the link: Saint Name Generator Tell me who your patron saint is!

My saint was St. John of God. He's the patron saint of booksellers, which is perfect for a blog called Papyrus and Parchment. He sounds like quite an interesting guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment