Friday, November 14, 2014

On Loss- 5 Quick Takes

1.

Some days are tough. I had to say goodbye to my sweet bunny yesterday after 9 1/2 years. I'll miss you, sweet friend. You were loved by all my friends, not just me.

2. 

I'll never forget how I got out of a traffic ticket because you were in the car with me. The state trooper saw your cage covered in a sheet and was instantly suspicious. I always wondered what he thought I had. Drugs, probably. Instead he saw your cute fluffiness and your floppy ears. He let me off with a warning.

3.

You never were afraid of the cat. And chased the dog around. They both remember their bunny friend and wonder where you've gone.

4. 

Greedy and mischievous you were. We could never walk through the room without paying our toll of treats. You repaid us by eating the carpet, then looking up innocently as the bits stuck on your whiskers.

5.

November is a month of loss. All Saints and Souls and the lost in war. You too, dear one. Yet I'm so thankful I turned around and brought you home.




No comments:

Post a Comment